Valid Docs 247

How To Get Certificate Of Naturalization Online

Buy IELTS Certificate Online

After taking the Naturalization Oath of Allegiance, new U.S. citizens are issued a Certificate of Naturalization as proof of their citizenship. With the certificate in your possession, you can obtain a U.S. passport and enjoy all other benefits given to a citizen.

But just like any document, this precious certificate can be stolen, lost, or destroyed. There is also a possibility of it being misprinted with an error. It may also become invalid if you have changed your name or gender after its issuance.

If you are in any of these situations, you will need to apply for a replacement of the certificate. This article provides a step by step guide on how to replace your naturalization certificate.

How To Get Certificate Of Naturalization Online

Eligibility for Filing Naturalization Replacement

You may request for naturalization certificate replacement if your case meets any of the following descriptions:

  • If you have been issued a Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, Declaration of Intention or Repatriation Certificate which has been lost, mutilated, or destroyed
  • If your name has been changed by marriage or by court order after the document was issued and you seek a document in the new name
  • If you are a naturalized citizen desiring to obtain recognition as a citizen of the United States by a foreign country, you may apply for a special certificate for that purpose. Our office can help you obtain a replacement of your naturalization certificate.
  • If your naturalization certificate or citizenship certificate contains a clerical or typographical error
  • If you have legally changed your gender after the original naturalization certificate was issued to you
  • You need a special certificate of naturalization for the purpose of a foreign country recognizing you as a U.S. citizen.

Replacement of Naturalization/Citizenship Document

Form N-565, Application for Replacement Naturalization/Citizenship Document, is used to apply to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for a replacement of your Naturalization Certificate. You will need to submit your Form N-565 with supporting documents to justify the reason you are requesting a replacement.

NOTE: Form N-565 is strictly used for re-issuing citizenship certificates to those who have already been granted citizenship. Do not make the mistake of using it for a new citizenship application either as a lawful permanent resident seeking naturalization or a citizen requesting an original certificate. Forms N-400 and N-600 are for those two purposes respectively.

Open chat
Need We Help
How can we help you?